Saturday, October 15, 2005

My first performance of 2005 in the DR





I went out to see my teacher, Rafaelito Roman, play last night at "Patron Burger." I guess a burger joint is a step up from a car wash. Since I was there, I went ahead and played a couple of merengues. I don't know how I played but I suspect it was badly, since the sound in there was really weird and I couldn't hear myself at all! That is why you see me staring intently at my fingers in one of these shots - I was trying to figure out what the hell I was playing. In the other, I have my eyes closed, which makes it a classic Syd shot. These photos are by Manaury, one of Rafaelito's teenage assistants who I'm trying to train to be my official photographer, which will free me up to do things like dance and play accordion. He thinks it's fun.

Don't despair, faithful readers, soon I'll be done with conference papers and that boring stuff and back to travelling around having wacky adventures.

No comments: