My sister (http://mamaoknits.blogspot.com/) tagged me, so now I gotta do this.
Mi hermana me lo pegó, así que ahora tengo que hacerlo yo.
The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven other people and list their names on your blog. Then you leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
Las reglas: Es como un juego de pilla-pilla. Cada persona a quien tú se lo pegues (a quien tú pilles) tiene que dar 7 datos al azar sobre si mismo. Los a quienes se le pegaron tienen que poner los 7 datos en sus blogs junto con las reglas del juego. Tienes que pegárselo a 7 personas más y poner sus nombres en su blog. Después, dejarás un comentario en los blogs de ellos para que sepan que se lo han pegado y que tienen que leer el blog tuyo.
Those I'm Tagging: (Los a quienes se lo estoy pegando:)
Tes, living on the crispy edges of grad school: http://thebookimnotreading.blogspot.com/
Linda, a friend to turtles: http://truffles-turtles-tunes.blogspot.com/
Alex, the friendly Francophone: http://enkerli.blogspot.com/
Rossy aka PayolaMusic, una amiga en Santo Domingo: http://www.payolamusic.blogspot.com/
Accordion Guy, who oddly enough, I've never met and know nothing about, although we almost share a name: http://www.joeydevilla.com/
Let's Polka! Another accordion-happy blog made by strangers (but they look friendly): http://www.letspolka.com/
Dial "M" for Musicology. They are musicologists, I am ethnomusicologist, but they say they "want to be friends with everyone." Is it true??? http://musicology.typepad.com/
7 random facts:
I hate revealing all my secrets, but here they are.
1) At age 15 I was the host of a televised variety show on cable access titled "Syd's Show" because some friends of mine told me, "you should be on TV," and proceeded to create the show. It had a different band on every week, a bizarre set of guests, and a theme song whose lyrics went, "Syd's Show, Syd's Show. If it weren't for Syd, I don't know what I'd do - how about you?" I briefly had a co-host who laughed heartily at my jokes and clapped for everything else. Damn! I sure could use a co-host now.
2) I was a semi-professional bellydancer for five years. I can balance a sword on my head, or a tray with candles - take your pick.
3) I was a salsa dance performer and teacher in New York, a member of Razz M'Tazz mambo company. I performed once at the Congreso Mundial de la Salsa in Puerto Rico but soon thereafter I quit because I went back to school.
4) Two knee surgeries have effectively ended my dancing career - hence all the accordion playing, writing, and blogging.
5) I'm very competitive when it comes to Boggle or Blokus, but not much else.
6) My favorite vegetable from an aesthetic standpoint is the eggplant.
7) My first publication was a drawing of a neuron in the Journal of Comparative Neurology. I always thought I would go into science. And now look at me! Go figure!